Court is held at 5:00 PM
on the 2nd and 4th  Monday each month

(unless it’s a holiday)

To appear in Court virtually, please
click here to join the Microsoft Teams meeting

Information/instructions on appearing virtually

Or call in (audio only)
+1 347-378-4143,,308340796#
United States, New York City

Phone Conference ID: 308 340 796#

If you have received a ticket which can be returned by mail, please feel free to do so. This Court is accepting and processing mailed in pleas.

Fine payments may be paid online or sent in by mail.

For criminal matters, please keep waiting until this Court contacts you regarding a new date and time to appear. If you have an attorney, please stay in contact with your attorney.


For fine payments, please mail a Money Order/Certified Check in US Funds for the EXACT AMOUNT payable to “Morris Town Court”.  For a receipt, please be sure to enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.   For on-line payments, please go to   NOTE: This Court does NOT accept personal checks.  They will be returned.  Also, please do NOT mail cash or put cash in the drop box.

If you need help with an eviction proceeding, please contact an attorney or visit the
NY Courts (Court Help) web site for more information.  At some point, you will need to contact the Court Clerk to select a court date.  The filing fee is $20.00.

The party you are filing against must live, work, or have a place of business in the Town of Morris.  The allowable maximum amount to claim in Morris Town Court is $3,000.00. For more information, please read the NY Courts Small Claims Handbook.  For claims up to $1,000.00, the filing fee is $10.00. For claims over $1,000.00 the filing fee is $15.00.


Be sure to review all information and instructions printed on your ticket(s).  It is your obligation to enter a plea to each ticket, on or by the return date on the ticket, and to make sure the Court receives that plea.

Although you are not required to have an attorney, you have a right to have representation at every step of the proceedings.

If the charge on the ticket is a MISDEMEANOR, or a third or subsequent speed in an 18-month period, you MUST appear IN PERSON of the date listed on the bottom left hand side of the ticket.

If the charge on the ticket is NOT a MISDEMEANOR, or a third or subsequent speed in an 18-month period, you may either appear in person on the date listed on the bottom left of the ticket, or you may respond by mail by filling out one of the sections on the right side of the ticket and mailing it to this Court.  Please include your current mailing address.

To plead GUILTY, complete and sign Section A of your ticket.  Once the Court receives your plea, the judge will impose a sentence which could consist of a fine.  Also imposed would be the NY State mandated surcharge. A fine notice will be mailed to you stating the amount due as well as acceptable methods for payment, and NYS DMV will be notified of your plea so they may assess any points or other penalties separate from the Court.

To plead NOT GUILTY, complete and sign Section B of your ticket.  After the Court receives your plea, a letter explaining your options will be mailed to you giving you a CONTROL DATE by which one of those options will need to be pursued.   Your options would be to contact an attorney of your choosing to help you with this matter, contact the Otsego County District Attorney’s Office if you wish a plea bargain/reduction to the original charge, or request the Court to set a future non-jury trial date should you desire a TRIAL.

There is no initial amount to pay on a NYS traffic ticket.  The judge assesses the penalty once a plea of GUILTY has been entered to the original charge or to a reduced charge, or should you be found guilty after trial.

A Supporting Deposition is a detailed account from the officer regarding the issued ticket.  The officer may have given you the supporting deposition with the ticket. It could be attached to the ticket as one long piece of paper, or the officer may have separated it from the ticket.

If you have a question about points in NYS, please check  If you are an out of state driver, please check with your home state department of motor vehicles.

NOTE:  If you fail to respond to your ticket, or later fail to make a payment, your driving privileges may be suspended.